Introduction to Ministries for Asia Pacific (MAP)
Ministries for Asia-Pacific (MAP) began on 1st December 1997 with the founding vision, “To catalyse the Church in Asia-Pacific to meet the challenges of extending God’s kingdom in the Third Millennium.”
A Welcome from the of MAP
“Ooi Chin Aik, after having obtained Master degrees in Christian Studies and Theological Studies, from Regent College Canada, returned to Malaysia in 1991. While there, among other activities, he was involved in Evangelistic missions under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Michael Green.
He was invited to serve National Evangelical Christian Fellowship of Malaysia as Field and Research Secretary. Later, he was appointed acting General Secretary.
However he was convinced that his calling is to preach and teach the Word to the Church at large. This was confirmed by the numerous invitations he has received and which he accepted to preach and teach from churches across the denominational board. His ministry has taken him not only to churches in Peninsular Malaysia but also to Singapore, East Malaysia, Brunei, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Nepal, Bhutan, India, Australia and the United States.
He feels the time has come to set up an organization through which, teaching seminars, training courses and evangelistic campaign programmes can be planned and coordinated. In time, others with preaching and teaching gifts, who are called to this ministry, could form a team to carry the objectives of the organization. To ensure credibility and accountability, the organization will have a Council of Reference consisting of Christian Leaders drawn from various denominations. Hence, Ministries for Asia Pacific (MAP).”
“To cheer the work of evangelism, teaching and leadership in Asia-Pacific by ministering and mentoring.”
Aims & Objectives
- Conduct evangelistic missions and training at the request of and in cooperation with local churches and Christian organizations in the Asia-Pacific region (the region).
- Train and mentor prospective evangelists, teachers and Christian leaders to minister more effectively in the region.
- Provide further training for present leaders to enhance their leadership roles.
Conduct research regarding the need for and scope of Christian work (including constraints) in different parts of the region and make the information available to interested churches and Christian organizations for prayer and co-operative action.
- Enhance the work of Ministries for Asia Pacific (MAP) by inviting Christian leaders with relevant expertise and gifts to be Associates.
Recruit suitably qualified staff and raise funds to carry out the aims and objectives of MAP.
- Network with local churches and Christian organizations in the region and beyond to further the aims and objectives of MAP.
Statement of Faith
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three Persons : Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work and His personal return in power and glory.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of Man since the Fall rendering him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works and by regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith in Christ alone.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Registration of MAP
Ministries for Asia Pacific (MAP) is now registered with the Registry of Companies Malaysia, as MAP Partners Berhad (Registration No. 537022-W) under Akta Syarikat 1965 on 16th January 2001.
We are registering Ministries for Asia Pacific (MAP) in Melbourne, Australia as MAP Partners Inc. (Aust).