Prayer File: Orang Asli—Peninsular Malaysia
In Peninsular Malaysia, the 2004 statistics taken from the Centre of Orang Asli Concerns reveal that 149,512 Orang Asli live in 869 villages with 37% living in the interior forest areas while 61% live in the forest fringes.
Whilst many have been reached with the gospel, much more remains to be done both in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak.
Let us pray that the Indigenous People :
- Be set free from ignorance and to come to the knowledge of the One true God in Christ.
- Receive good education and be economically independent.
- Rise up and preach the gospel among themselves and to other races.
- Be set free from drunkenness, smoking, gambling, ancestral worship and other vices.
- Be equipped in the Word and for leadership in society and the country.
- Work with local churches and Christian groups to speed up the task of outreach and building people up in the faith.